Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Here's What Happened...

Here I am again. I tend to fall of the blogging wagon every turn of the way. This time I've been avoiding it but... it's time. I need to explain a thing or two or ten.

This summer was so full of wonderful and sad things. If you follow me on Instagram you may have an idea of what I'm talking about. While being a new mom had it's challenges I was ready to do everything to make our lives perfect. The anxiety of having a new born and a business got the better of me. When a friend offered me a job at their coffee shop I thought it would be a great way to get out and rely on a solid paycheck for a change. It worked. It was fun.

As summer faded into fall so did my connection with Steve. I am not going into all of the personal details but one day I found myself packing up Galilee and my things and then a few days later unpacking them in an apartment in a big beautiful house.

It was hard. For the first few weeks Galilee had restless nights where I drove her round and round in my volkswagen. She knew that this wasn't the place we called home for the first 6 months of her life; but soon, I bought a rug. My furniture was delivered. We established a routine.

Separating from your spouse is a nagging pain. If I didn't have Galilee I probably would have crawled into bed for a month. However, we were in a new town and I was a single mom. Without babysitting options I took to Etsy. It felt good. My familiar home. I never completely stopped sewing since faithful customers had been convoing me with special orders all the while.

So, I guess I'm backtracking. I find myself in a warm, creative place surrounded by fabrics and designs I love. Better yet, this time I have my little traveling companion who makes life worth living and dresses worth sewing.

Thank you for all of your patience as I have floundered over the past year. I didn't anticipate the challenges of pregnancy and postpartum and marriage. Life is a funny old thing. Also, THANK YOU to everyone who immediately reached out to tell me how happy they were I was listing dresses again! <3

Much love, Hannah



4 comments:

  1. Oh I wish you well - I cannot imagine how difficult and heartbreaking that must have been. You are a brave person, and I hope and trust that the future with be remarkable and kind to you and that delightful daughter of yours. (Your clothes are so lovely and I know I am very glad you are still making and selling them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Silver <3 I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement

      Delete
  2. Hannah, I found your blog through FB, through Etsy and so glad I did. I am a big fan of your store!.��. God has a plan for you, so take your time, listen for His voice, His signs and everything will fall into place. The story you have on Etsy just won me over big time, as I too really like the 30s and 40s. I told my mother one time I was born in the wrong era.LOL!! Keep sewing and loving on that beautiful daughter! EllyB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much EllyB! <3 I am taking your words to heart. I have found myself calling out to the Lord constantly and I know He hears and answers. He is taking care of us. I do need to slow down a bit and rest in Him. Thank you for sweet reminder.

      Delete